• Port Sheldon Township, Ottawa County, Michigan

    Port Sheldon Township is a general law Township established in 1924, consisting of approximately 20 square miles. The township is bordered by New Holland Street on the South, 144th Avenue on the East, Fillmore Street on the North and the beautiful shore of Lake Michigan on the West.

    Two beautiful township beaches and a well groomed county park are presently located in the Township. A new County-owned beach property is currently under construction. The Township also has bike path system of approximately 15 miles.

    Mission Statement
    The Township of Port Sheldon is a wonderful balance of summer cottages and permanent homesteads along with many blueberry farms, evergreen nurseries and one large electric generating plant. The mission of the township is to serve all of our residents equally and fairly by maintaining a healthy, safe and enjoyable place to live, work and vacation.

    We recognize the moral and ethical standard required of public officials and dedicate ourselves to the highest standards of integrity through providing transparency and open dialog. We strive to provide efficient and fiscally responsible level of service to Port Sheldon Township.

Permit Fee Changes

Please note that as of April 1, 2015, permit fees for electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits will increase to $60.00 per inspection.

Posted in News | Leave a comment

Dog Licenses

Ottawa County dog licenses can be purchased on line at the County Treasurer’s website, by mail, or in person at the County Treasurer’s Fillmore or Grand Haven Office and also at participating veterinarians. A listing of these servicing veterinarians is posted on the County Treasurer’s website.
For more information, please visit www.miottawa.org/DogLicense/

Posted in News | Comments closed